Friday 6 July 2007

WHEN I AM OLD I SHALL WEAR PURPLE

A beautiful piece that I found on a website called NZ ART ELIZABETH LOVE

LOVE Hearts (48)
July 2007
Mixed media on canvas
150x150x35mm
POA

I have always loved hearts in art, I really don't believe that you could call me a romantic but heart inspired art does it for me.

Even the heart art of Frida Kahlo does it for me. In a different way though.
link

Las Dos Fridas by Frida Kahlo

Las Dos Fridas by Frida Kahlo
Exhibited in Conaculta (Mexico), Museo de Arte Moderno




I love this papier mache art

Hoodies - the positive side

link

Cyp_window1_closeupLocal young people have put on a brilliant art exhibition at 334 Caledonian Road. They have taken the demonised 'hoodie' and used it to express the influences on modern young people. The hoodies (papier mache and collage) make a huge impact. Photographic flash emphasises the shadow of the empty head spaces and give a sinister air that is offset by the hope and optimism of the magazine cut collage that coats them. When you see the hoodies up close up in real life the shadow isn't there - the camera flash brings it out. To me this contrasts the press reporting of young people with the reality when you meet and talk to them face to face.

Hoodie Art- what a brilliant statement by the young people that produced it.

Has anyone noticed that I love so many different forms of art?
I just cannot comprehend how individuals can like one thing to the exclusion of everything else, there is so much out there.
Take music for instance, Pianoman loves Jazz and classical music, to the exclusion of everything else, what a waste, there is so much out there to listen to.
I personally CANNOT listen to jazz as it does nothing for me though I find modern Jazz singers pleasant enough to listen to. Listening to jazz music for me is as excruciating as listening to an M&S food advert, sorry but I just can't do it. And this from the sad person who loves Brutalist architecture.
Perhaps it is that I am sadly lacking in any taste, I watched My Name Is Earl last night and I found it hilariously funny when Randy used the urinal in the art exhibition.

Yet I am a huge fan of found art


Fountain by Marcel Duchamp. 1917
Enlarge
Fountain by Marcel Duchamp. 1917

Perhaps now that I am growing old(50 is the next big birthday) my behaviour should mature-we shall see.


No comments: